With Christmas and other assorted holiday parties coming nigh, I bet these would be a hit on the cookie platters alongside the rum balls and sugar cookies. I'm sending it as another entry to FoodBlogga's Eat Christmas Cookies - and you can find the whole shebang here. I don't know how Susan does it all... she's keeping a running tally and the whole foodie world seems to be involved!
Brownie - Oat Truffle Balls
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup quick oats (not instant)
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 egg replacer (like Ener-G brand), prepared
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 tbsp vanilla
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F, lightly grease or line baking sheets.
- Blend flour, oats, baking powder and salt well in a bowl.
- In another bowl, blend egg replacer, brown sugar, agave nectar and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, stirring only until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then remove to racks and cool completely.
Total Fat: 4.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 72.0 mg
Total Carbs: 28.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
Protein: 3.1 g